Document last updated: 02/10/21
In this tutorial, you will learn how to compile and run jobs on Expanse, where to run them, and how to run batch jobs. The commands below can be cut & pasted into the terminal window, which is connected to expanse.sdsc.edu. For instructions on how to do this, see the tutorial on how to use a terminal application and SSH go connect to an SDSC HPC system: https://github.com/sdsc-hpc-training-org/basic_skills.
Expanse User Guide
Please read the Expanse user guide and familiarize yourself with the hardware, file systems, batch job submission, compilers and modules. The guide can be found here:
Interactive Video Link:
This material was presented as part of a webinar presented on October 8th, 2020. The link to the presentation will be posted soon:
Hands-on Self-guided Tutorial (using markdown file):
Link to GitHub Repo
- You must have a expanse account in order to access the system.
- To obtain a trial account: http://www.sdsc.edu/support/user_guides/expanse.html#trial_accounts
- You should be familiar with running basic Unix commands, connecting to Expanse via SSH, and other basic skills.
hostnamefor Expanse is
- The operating system for Expanse is
- For information on moving from Comet to Expanse, see the Comet to Expanse Transition Workshpo
If you have any difficulties completing these tasks, please contact SDSC Consulting group at firstname.lastname@example.org.